Sunday, January 15, 2012

My Corelle/Pyrex collection

Hello all, this is my first blog post ever! I'm going to start this off with what I have recently started collecting....

So I have started collecting Pyrex/Corelle vintage ware. Right now I am working on the Butterfly Gold pattern and I would say am 80-90% complete. I have enough plates/bowls/cups for an 8 person setting. I have also got almost all of the Pyrex compatibles in this pattern with only about 6-8 items I still need to get to have the complete set. Once I am done with this one I am probably going to start on the Spring Blossom/Crazy Daisy pattern.

The one thing I am having a problem with is finding some of this stuff. I seem to be getting 99% of my collection off of eBay, which is fine except for the cost of shipping. The shipping adds a minimum of $30 on per order. So far I have spent approx $950 before shipping to get my collection to where it is. And just so you know, yes I am crazy! It would have been nice to have everything for like under $300 instead. If anyone has any ideas where I can find this stuff in Edmonton please let me know. I think I am going to try the flea market in the next couple of weeks to see if anyone there has any for sale.

Once I get my own place in May I am going to take some pictures of my entire collection to post. Some of the items I am still looking for are the loaf pan, 8x8 white, 9x13 gold baking pans; the 470&480 original design sets which have the gold, white, gold; the 2-qt. round bottom casserole #024; the new design 440 series Cinderella bowls; the different type of glass tumblers; the glass pitches. I was already looking on eBay and it seems that I should have started with the spring blossom pattern as there is almost everything for sale unlike this pattern.

K, well I am going to leave it at that for now. If you have any comments feel free to leave them!

1 comment:

  1. So while surfing eBay I came across some really nice black pyrex dishes with white snowflakes on them. I figure these must be quite rare, so I had to have them. Bought the #963 dvided casserole with lid, the #043 1.5 qt. cinderella oval casserole, the 2 qt. oblong casserole #575 without lid and the 1.25 qt. oblong casserole without a lid #548. Once these arrive in a couple weeks I will post some pictures. I hope to find lids for the oblong's and get the other couple dishes in this set!

    ReplyDelete